Facts about Xylitol. Xylitol creates a perfect pH balance in the mouth to stimulate a healing process that can naturally repair your teeth. When Xylitol is eaten it not only brings minerals by salivary stimulation but creates an alkaline environment in which these minerals can help heal soft or damaged areas on teeth and help to rebuild and strengthen them.

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Fluorosis

Hi, Dr. Ellie,
I have been trying the system for some time now and I have noticed a gradual yellowing of my teeth. I did a little research and I am concerned that the ACT I am using is causing fluorosis. Is this normal? I don't want yellow teeth!
Thanks,
H


Hi H


I am going to assume that " trying the system" means you're using exactly the products that I recommend -- with exactly the method I recommend.

I often refer to this as a recipe, and changing ingredients or methods will affect the outcome!!

I am also assuming you have sufficient xylitol -- at least five exposures to xylitol during the day, everyday - preferably after meals.

The second thing that you mentioned is you have been using the system "for some time". I wonder if you mean days, weeks, or years. I will assume you have been using the system for months, and have been using it exactly as described.

The color of teeth.
Don't be fooled that teeth resemble little rocks, or ceramic pebbles in your mouth. It is better to imagine teeth as they really are -- a soft, yellowish-colored interior that contains cells -- and is alive. This delicate center of your tooth is covered with a clear, translucent, glass covering - we call enamel. This outer shell protects the inside of your tooth -- and the covering shell has no color. (Imagine a window - you see no color -- nothing -- just what is the other side).

So how does a tooth look white?
It is all about reflection of light off the surface. If glass is soft, rays of light travel through it -- and you see the yellowish color underneath. If this glass covering is strong and hard ( because it contains lots of minerals) then light rays will bounce off its surface. When light bounces off the surface of your tooth it will behave like a diamond - reflecting in many directions. This makes your tooth sparkle and appear white -- naturally.

Acidity and dry mouth
Acidity, and mouth dryness, are the two reasons that teeth look darker and more yellow. So anyone that tells me their teeth are getting darker are giving me information --that their teeth are being dissolved in acidity, or that their mouth is drier than usual. The acidity that dissolves teeth can be from your diet, soda, citrus or fruit ( acidic) drinks -- particularly lemonade, sports drinks, etc. Look closely at your summertime diet - particularly drinks. Are you sipping something acidic during the day -- or worse yet during the night?
Protect teeth with Xylitol - all day
The answer to acidity is protecting your teeth with xylitol. I have a friend who likes to eat grapefruits and lemons. She had ruined many teeth before she met me, but now she still enjoys grapefruit -- she just eats a fruit Zellie to protect her teeth immediately after the acidic attack. You see, xylitol is able to take away acidity, and help put minerals into the tooth surface -- to make it stronger.
Xylitol and ACT work together
It is also important to allow the final rinse --ACT -- to work on your teeth. The dilute fluoride in this rinse helps put minerals into teeth faster than any other way. The combination of using xylitol during the day and these mouth rinses at night will help mineralize, strengthen, and brighten your teeth.

The more you damage your teeth with acidity -- the more xylitol help you need!! The outcome is the balance between softening 9 by acidity ) and hardening ( with ACT and xylitol).

I hope I have explained this -- it is such an important piece of information. The marketing companies want you to see teeth in a different way. They want you to purchase whitening products.

Most of them are acidic, which is ironic!! The whitening products etch the outside of the glass and make your teeth "appear" whiter -- but of course your teeth will be softer, and look yellower in the end! Then of course, you'll need more whitening!
How long does my system take two whiten teeth? It does take some time. Mark eight weeks from now on your calendar.Stop peering at your teeth during this time!

Then check -- making sure you look at your teeth in daylight, and not fluorescent lights. Fluorescent lights will always make tooth enamel looked yellow -- that's another trick to make you buy whitening!


Hope this helps,

Best Wishes,
Ellie
Ellie Phillips DDS
www.CleanWhiteTeeth.com
http://www.zellies.com/
Dental Health for Everyone!
Author, Kiss Your Dentist Goodbye
26 Corporate Woods, Rochester NY 14623
585-272-1270
585-272-0705 (Fax)

9 comments:

josephmoss said...

Buy Xylitol:
Looking for a healthy alternative to conventional table sugar that’s much lower in carbohydrates? Xylitol is an outstanding choice! This sugar alcohol is derived from fruits, is approximately 50% less sweet than sugar, and has a much lower glycemic rating. As a result, it metabolizes slower in the body and Enhances support healthy blood/glucose levels. Extensive clinical studies continue to demonstrate that Xylitol is 100% natural and completely safe for both adults and children. Try some today and see for yourself! Buy Xylitol on discount at NutroVita.com.

For mroe details please visit:
http://www.nutrovita.com/24476/now-foods/xylitol.htm

Sean Butcher said...

Naturally, our teeth are white, but there are certain factors that can weaken the enamel of our tooth or suffer discoloration due to what we consume. I had discolored teeth due to drinking coffee and wine. After being self-conscious on my image, I went to my dentist in Murrells Inlet to ask about getting my teeth whitened.

A few whitening sessions have passed, my teeth has progressively gone whiter. Being satisfied with the work done by my dentist (Murrells Inlet, SC clinic), I continued visiting the clinic for check-ups to maintain my oral beauty.

Free Softwers Download with Fullversion keys said...

We update our home remedies for health daily. Please visit regularly to find a more home remedies tips for Acidity. Feel free to contribute your own home remedy so that others may benefit from your experiences!
Thanks for share........
Acidity

Joel said...

Fluorosis is a dental condition which is the result of too much fluoride intake that weakens the enamel of the teeth. Discoloration is one sign of fluorosis. Children usually are the ones who suffer from this case, as they get too much fluoride while their teeth develop. For adult, to treat this case, they can always consult a cosmetic dentist. Chicago folks care so much on their dental health. They are very much aware of the fields of dentistry that secures their well-being, including cosmetic dentistry. Chicago did a great job in disseminating information about correlated diseases with mouth diseases. They educated the people well that in pursuing, dental anxiety was cured in Chicago. Sedation dentist took part in explaining the procedure of the field and the benefits of sedation dentistry.

aisha said...

Thank you for sharing valuable information. Where else could anyone get that kind of information in such a complete way of writing? I have a presentation incoming week, and I am on the lookout for such information.
1997 Toyota Camry AC Compressor

Anonymous said...

Chevy W7H Turbocharger

I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.

Unknown said...

In my opinion, flourosis is come from great value of fluoride in water

Read more eRDent Dental Journal

CassieBrownings said...

Great facts you have here! I appreciate it so much! Me and my Chandler dentist is glad that you have shared your article! Great job! Thanks.

Anonymous said...

Really I Love this Xylitol products thanks for sharing this fact of Xylitol products